Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Infertile Myrtle

I turned 30 in 2001, and thats when DH and I thought we should start thinking about having a baby. Isn't it ironical how you spend a large part of your life trying to ensure you DON'T get pregnant, and how stressed you are when you're even one day late? 

Sometimes I wish there had been an "Oops" pregnancy back then! Or maybe given everything that we've discovered so far, the Oops pregnancy would not have happened, in which case I should not have been worried about birth control anyway! 

I don't think there would be a single person in the world who would be mentally prepared to be infertile. You always think you stop the birth control and you'd be knocked up in no time! And when that doesn't happen in the first few months, there's denial that sets in. You try again and again, and somewhere in your heart you have that small nagging feeling that's beginning to sink in.....



No comments: