Monday, October 27, 2008

All set

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go" (not really - I still have to pack!)

But we're all set. All bookings done, print outs taken and collated, all done. What am I feeling? A little anxious. I've been through several surgeries in my life, and for most of them I've just gone with the motion of doing things. This one - this one is making me anxious. Not nervous, but anxious. Perhaps because this surgery and it's outcome is going to be so monumental in my life - whether it works or not. 

If it works, then this will be the surgery that "fixed it all". If it doesn't, then this is where we put a full stop to everything. So many decisions and outcomes depend on what happens this Wednesday. 

I am feeling a lot of energy from people around me though. My parents think this is what was "destined" to happen. That Dr. Schoolcraft is the one who was destined to change things for us. I hope so. 

On updates: good news. My pap, mammo, and HPV tests are all clear. I called the doctors office today and got the results. So as far as being prepared for an IVF cycle at CCRM - all my homework is now done. I'm now just waiting for things to fall in place. 

I hope things fall in place soon. I have recently received comments on my blog from people that have not been regular commenters. People have mentioned they have had similar surgery, and that I'm in good hands. I'm taking a lot of positive energy from those comments and people who left them. Thank you - I'm hoping to be a similar story some day! 

8 comments:

Birdee said...

Your in my thoughts and prayers though this. I'm pulling for you hun.

Lorraine said...

I hope this does "fix it all" - surgery is always a little fraught with anxiety, but the idea that it will solve everything sounds soooo good!

Anonymous said...

We'll be thinking and praying the next few days for you!

Lisa said...

Good Luck Nicki! I'm thinking of you and hope this surgury does the trick! I'll be thinking of you. Keep us posted!

Lauren said...

I'm praying for you, Nikki! :)

Shelby said...

I send you so many **hugs** and well wishes! I'll be thinking of you!

I Believe in Miracles said...

I'm praying for you!!
**HUGS**

April said...

You'll do great.

Thinking of you!!

xo