Saturday, October 11, 2008

New Adventures of Old Nikki

The last couple of days brought old Nikki into life. We've had a couple of friends visiting from overseas, and although my first reaction to the news of their trip was "I can't deal with this, I'll find a way out from meeting them and having to hang out with them", I'm glad they came.

I'm glad I met them, and I'm glad I let myself relax and enjoy myself. The process involved a lot of alcohol, but the last 2 days have been the most relaxing 2 days in about a year. 

We have consumed some 10,000 calories in food and alcohol in the last 2 days, and I am EXTREMELY guilty doing that, but while I was shoveling food into my face and washing it down with wine and margaritas, guilt was nowhere to be seen! Darn guilt! 

We laughed, joked, teased and relaxed. Old Nikki is here for now - hopefully she'll stay. She doesn't like the crabby, whiny weepy new Nikki! 

On the progress side, my mammogram is done too. OUCH!!! Never had one before, and had no clue what to expect. OUCH - well, I'm wiser now. One more part of my "homework" from CCRM is done.

Everything else as far as moving forward depends on Aunt F. I think I will wait till the middle of next week, and then ask for a Pro.vera prescription. 

4 comments:

Shelby said...

It sounds like you had a great time. Good to see 'old Nikki' found a way back! Although, I suspect she was there all along.

Courtney said...

Yay I am glad old Nikki is back! I'm about to go see if I can get old Court back...martini here I come!

Anonymous said...

yum, margaritas and martinis!! I think old Audra needs to come hang out with old Nikki and old Courtney!

I Believe in Miracles said...

I want the old Nity back too!! I'm hoping the old Nikki is here to stay.
**HUGS**