Friday, January 2, 2009

Today

60 something degrees today, but now we know, it's the "warm before the storm". Snow is expected tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also extremely thankful we got such awesome weather during our trip here. We were able to do so much outdoor stuff! 

My appointment today went well too. Follicles are growing well, and I have been asked to ~ get this ~ lower my Gonal F dose for today! I didn't get to talk to the nurse when she called me with instructions, so I don't have my blood hormone numbers for today. I go back tomorrow morning, and will try and get the numbers then. 

Here is today's cell phone picture of the follicles the u/s tech measured:



We went and spent the day at Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. The drive up there was gorgeous, and as we went up into the hills, the snow was beautiful! Here are some pictures: 


This was on the way from CCRM towards Estes Park.


This is at the entrance of Estes Park (as is obvious in the picture!)

This is Estes Park Lake - the color was an amazing deep blue - it was so pretty!! 

This is in Rocky Mountain National Park. Bear Lake - completely frozen! 

We also saw a bunch of wildlife - loads of elk etc. 

I'm mentally pretty relaxed, and am looking forward to seeing how many eggs they can retrieve. The nurse said we should be looking at triggering maybe on Monday or Tuesday. The largest follicles today were in the 15 mm range. I am feeling bloated and I can feel the twinges going on inside. They are asking me to stay hydrated and not exert myself too much. I'm chugging on water, and I told the nurse we were planning to go to Estes Park today, and she said it was ok as long as I didn't trek too much. So we drove around a lot. 

We're now back in the room. DH is cooking dinner, and I'm watching TV, and blogging. What more can a girl want? :-)

7 comments:

Meinsideout said...

Nikki - the follies sound great!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that they get many, many eggs!

DAVs said...

We loved Rocky Mountain National Park! And Bear Lake was completely un-frozen when we were there, and spectacular.
Sounds like everything is going really well!

Charlotte said...

Awesome News! I'm loving all the great pictures...it's helping my wanderlust, lol. It looks so amazing and peaceful. I hope you gets lots and lots of eggs! Take it easy...you deserve it!

April said...

that all sounds so good! i wonder if their numbers are higher there b/c you get to do stuff like this and relax and see all of the beauty when you are in the middle of the cycle?

thinking great thoughts over here! ;)

Infertile Myrtle said...

Best of luck to you!!!! I have a consult with Dr. Schoolcraft in a few weeks....it's exciting to see how so many people love CCRM!

Josée Martens said...

Gorgeous pics. Sounds like a perfect day. Perfect eggies and perfect scenery! Enjoy the good weather. Denver area can be so beautiful. :-)

Heavy heart said...

The omens are all good.. fingers crossed for you!