Thursday, January 1, 2009

What???? Where’s the snow?

So here we are in Colorado, but where’s the snow? Today was a nice warm 54 degree day here, no sign of any snow or anything! No no no, I’m not complaining! I’m loving it!

We arrived yesterday, found our way to the rental car, and to the hotel, checked in, then went hunting for a grocery store, picked up some essentials, had dinner, and came back to the room to wait for the remaining hours of 2008 to go away.

This morning, my u/s appointment at CCRM went well. The u/s tech didn’t measure all the follicles – she said that it’s enough to measure the larger ones, because they just want to get an idea of the progress. My larger couple of follicles are in the 12 mm range, and there are a bunch of them in the 11 and 10 mm range. So it looks like the scare of one follicle gaining dominance is gone. The tech was listing the measurements on the screen, and I took a picture from my cell phone before I left the room – it’s a little shaky, but hopefully you’ll be able to see something!





My blood results looked ok too – P4 at 0.2, E2 at 646, LH at 1.2. CCRM wants me to continue on the same dose tonight, and I go back to see them tomorrow.

Since we’re here in CO, and since we’ve paid so much for the trip, we have decided to make a vacation of it as well. We spent a gorgeous day outside today. It was just breath-taking! We went to the Garden of the Gods, which has amazing red rock formations – the views are spectacular!! Then we went through the historic town of Manitou Springs, and went ahead to the Caves of the Winds. Again, beautiful! The visit to the caves was like a visit back to high school, to geography lessons. I could picture my Geography teacher, drilling “stalactites and stalagmites” into our heads. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a stalactite or a stalagmite in real life before. These caves had hundreds – beautiful gorgeous formations! After that we went up into the hills on a dirt road off of the highway. Both DH and I LOVE these drives into the hills – that’s like a weekly pastime for us! We just love to drive into nature, without maps, without knowing where the next turn will lead us! Here are some pictures:











So all in all, we’ve had a lovely day. I’m feeling good about 2009. So good, that I thought I’d check my “annual horoscope” on MSN. Hahahaha – I shouldn’t have! Here’s what it said:

Anyhow, we're here, we're doing what we have to. The rest is up to fate. We've dealt with everything for so long, we'll deal with whatever comes our way now.

Happy New Year everyone! 

11 comments:

Jill M. said...

Looking good Nikki!!! Nice how they are all similar in size too. Best of luck!

Charlotte said...

Wow...those pictures are gorgeous! I'm so ghlad you are able to enjoy your time there and hopefully relax! Glad everything is going well. Take Care, Big (((hugs))

C said...

Those pics are nice!! Your post sounds all upbeat..so here is to a new begining...

DAVs said...

I'm sorry there's no snow--we were downright disappointed at the HEAT that was going on in November when we were there...but I'm glad you're enjoying yourself (my DH is so jealous you went to the caves!) and your follicles sound beautiful--so do your numbers!!

Birdee said...

Nice Follicle growth, looking good.

And what beautiful pictures. I've never seen a cave like that.

We are both Pisces, Interesting, exciting and a bit scary that horoscope was, course I felt my life turned upside down yesterday - okay, not my world, but my stomach. (feeling better tho). But a few of your long term wishes are coming true! I can only imagine what one of those will be :)

April said...

hey girlie! i LOVE colorado and garden of the gods and all of the fun and beautiful stuff they have there! i think that it's great that you have a little fun while you're there. ;)

I Believe in Miracles said...

If you want some snow you should come to Boston. It's both snowy AND freezing. Seriously the high yesterday was 19. I haven't wanted to leave the house.

Our clinic only measured the big follicles too. Praying for good steady growth for you!

Love the pictures. Great vacation idea.

~~HUGS~~

Meinsideout said...

Yay - you guys are getting so close!! Happy New Year! I love Denver - I went there about ten years ago, maybe 13 years ago, and fell in love at first sight with a man there - we had a long distance relationship - thank goodness it ended because he was a control freak...I digress...!!

I am so happy for you that you are out there and it is underway - I am also so happy that you are able to have some vacation time too.

Petrucia said...

so nice that you guys got to visit these places. I love rock formations and caves. :)
and the weather too, how lucky!

Anonymous said...

As a fellow Pisces, I like the idea of miracles happening.

I love the photos, it is beautiful there.

Glad all is well.

nancy said...

I work next door to Garden of the Gods. I can see that through my office window :)