- At the D&C yesterday there wasn't much tissue in my uterus, so chances are this is ectopic, unless the HcG today was "lower" than yesterday's. Yesterday we didn't take an HcG test.
- He wants me to check tomorrow morning and if it is significantly lower (like 150 or so) then it's fine. But he doesn't think it will fall so dramatically tomorrow.
- I asked him why we can't see where the embryo is. He says at levels of around 500, they can't see anything even inside the uterus. For them to see anything inside the uterus the HcG has to be around 1000 or more. For anything to be visible elsewhere, like tubes etc, the HcG should be much higher. So unfortunately at this time there is no way to check where the embryo is.
- He feels it is "good" that this is ectopic, vs a regular miscarriage, because this gives a prognosis of "eggs and embryos are not necessarily of bad quality". Had it been a regular miscarriage, then egg/embryo quality is in question.
- I told him it was very hard to keep going through this again and again, and he said he knows that, but he wants to deal with taking care of me right now vis-a-vis this pregnancy. He said let's discuss that later - let's first deal with what we have in hand.
The drug they give me tomorrow is used in patients with cancer and autoimmune diseases. It basically kills rapidly growing tissue / cells. Here is a link with some interesting information: