Thursday, July 17, 2008

And my gut was right

Before I go on, let me confess that now I am scared. Really really scared. They can't find the embryo - it wasn't in my uterus. It is not coming up on ultrasounds, and I am STILL pregnant as far as my body is concerned. It is now seeming more and more likely that it is ectopic - but where??

Today's HcG - get ready for this, has gone UP - it is now at 496. 

Did I mention I'm scared?

I have to go tomorrow at 7:30 AM for another HcG test which will be tested stat. While they draw blood they will draw extra to check on some liver enzymes etc. They will also take my height and weight (which I am also depressed about - I have water soaked up like a sponge in my body and apparently I am 6 lbs heavier than I was when I started this IVF!!!)

Depending on the result of the HcG test, - if it goes down, then we just wait. If it doesn't, then I have to go back at 3 PM to get a methotrexate shot. They gave me a whole low down on everything that I can expect with this shot. They also told me that I will need to be on very reliable birth control for 2 months after this. HELLO - I'm trying to get pregnant here! 

More from me tomorrow. I need more prayers please. Each time I think I've seen it all, life says "Oh yeah? Here you go - eat this!!!"


2 comments:

Miss Tori said...

Nikki,

Do the doctors think it might be a molar pregnancy? Similar to ectopic, that the embryo attaches outside the uterus, but not in the tubes. One of my DH's employees had this happen to her with her first pregnancy. They were able to go and remove it once they found it.

I'm keeping you in my prayers!

Lisa said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I'm so sorry about all of this. It just doesn't seem right. My heart is still breaking for you. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.