Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mountains of papers

I'm drowning! I've been busy talking to CCRM and my insurance, and DH and trying to figure out what next.

First - I called Cigna. They confirmed that they have CCRM within network, and will cover any charges from there.

Then I called CCRM and asked for a phone consultation appointment. I have an appointment set up for Aug 26 with Dr S. 

I am now drowning in paperwork - release of medical records from my current clinic to CCRM, new patient paperwork for CCRM etc. My clinic will send my fat file of records to CCRM directly, and my part of the paperwork is ready to go too (along with a picture of DH and me, so they can "put face to name").

I've been reading a lot of things online about the new clinic, and it seems like I have an overload of information. Needless to say, when there is too much information, some will be good, some will be bad. The bad information is scaring me a little, but I am holding off judgement till I do my phone consult myself and form my own impressions. 

So life is moving on. At 2 mph, but still moving on. I used to be the impatient kinds that wanted everything done yesterday. But I've seen that life has it's way of taking the steering wheel, and sometimes slowing you down to a crawl. It used to be frustrating, but now I accept. You have to choose your battles. I'm fighting larger things in life, I can't be impatient! 



2 comments:

g said...

Glad you called! i hope your consult goes well!! did you check out that IVFCONNECTIONS site on CCRM.. loads of great info there! i cant wait to hear how it goes.. good luck! We have an apt tomarrow to talk about our up and coming IVF there in Oct. Best of luck to you.. if you need anything let me know!

Lisa said...

Mountains of paperwork sound like a blast! I hope everything works out for you and good luck!