Friday, August 1, 2008

Updates

Firstly, my heart goes out to my friend Angela. I had posted about her earlier. At her appointment on Tuesday, they did find a heartbeat, but it was low. The RE gave her a 8-10% chances of things working out. Today at her repeat ultrasound, the heartbeat had stopped. This is Angela's fourth loss, and my heart is completely broken for her. Angela, if and when you see this, I hope you get the strength and peace that you need at this time.

Now for my update: Firstly, I can't believe I am HAPPY about my HcG falling! But I am, it's ironic I know, but I'm ecstatic. Drumroll please - today's numbers are........ 19.3!!! That's right, just 19.3, and now I need to go back next week on Friday to get a 0 result hopefully.

Secondly - I am proud to report that I could button my jeans! I first managed to do so on Wednesday but thought I would die because I couldn't breathe. Yesterday was "slightly" better. Today I have kept it buttoned off and on. I look like a muffin / mushroom, but hey, it's better than even 3 days ago! 

Today it was a different nurse that called, and of course I asked her if I could start going back to the gym. She said no! :-( They are going to be strict about my HcG reaching a complete 0 first! Oh well - I've waited 5 weeks already, 1 more should not be that hard. 

Have a good weekend, everyone!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm so glad the number is going down. Big hugs.

Lisa said...

I'm so glad your number finally went down.

And hooray for being able to button your jeans!

JW Moxie said...

I know the relief that comes from finally having that beta hit rock bottom. It's so backwards, isn't it?

I'm thinking of your friend Angela.

heavenlytini said...

sorry to hear about your friend she'll be in my prayers!!!
so glad hcg is dropping!!!hopefully you'll be back in the gym by next week!!! question why can't you hit the gym with your hcg levels?

Birdee said...

I think I understand about being happy your beta is dropping, I poas and was bummed I got a second dark pink line. Something I longed to see for so long is breaking my heart, but I'm still much in waiting mode so It will be a while before I can see that second bright white empty space and work on getting color back into it.

So an awkward Congrats on your low beta.

I'm curious about the gym thing too.

Nikki said...

Tina Marie and Jewels - you wanted to know about why I am not allowed to work out yet. I asked the nurses, and they said since this was an ectopic which they could not track, they don't want me to end up "twisting" something inside which will hurt me more. They said I can walk, but do nothing more vigorous right now. Even with just walking I am getting horrible back aches after walking less than a mile, so I think there is some truth in what they say!