Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What's new??

About 12 days ago, when I had my last HcG blood test, the RE had given me a lab slip for another test. They had told me the results take a few days to come, and in the 12 days since, I have wondered what those "few days" are.

I called them once last week, and was told someone will call back when they have the results. I called this morning, and I was told the result was in, and my level was 0, so I asked if that was good or bad. I was told someone would call me with the interpretation of the results. I just got the call and the nurse said my results were negative, and that means they were normal, so we're good. 

Why is it not surprising? In so many years, the only test result that made us sit up and listen harder was DH's karyotype test. EVERYTHING else always comes back normal! It's infuriating in a way. 

It's back to the limbo stage again. I'm very very confused about CCRM, and am trying to make up my mind. DH is more confused, and is not being very helpful. Again and again I wish there was an instruction manual to life!

PS: The test was called the Beta 2 (anti-cardiolipin beta-2-glycoprotein I antibody) - I couldn't recall the name the last time I was writing about it. 

4 comments:

The Vincents said...

I am so sorry that you are confused and frustrated. I am really feeling for you. When you find that instruction manual, please make me a copy.

Miss Tori said...

I have not done any research on CCRM as I don't want to freak myself out one way or the other. In fact I still need to complete the long questionnaire, considering my appointment is on Monday.

I finally responded to your tag!

g said...

it took us a while to decide on CCRM but if you go here : http://tryingtobepatient.blogspot.com/2008/07/great-source-of-info.html You can read up on all sorts of info on CCRM... good luck to you! just listen to your heart and what its telling you todo!

Lisa said...

An instruction manual...that would be nice. My thoughts are with you as you make these decisions.